[PLUG] Debconf 20/21 in India

akshat akshat-pg8 at iiitmk.ac.in
Mon Aug 6 15:46:33 IST 2018

Thank you, Raju, for the wonderful presentation. It was a quite a nice
experience in attending DebConf18 and meeting the Debian community. All I
have seen that most of the people are inclined towards making happen a
DebConf20 at India which initially we were not thinking about. They have
forced us to bid this time and we have already accepted the challenge :)
Let's do the hard work and win the bid.

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 5:48 AM, Amey Abhyankar <sco1984 at gmail.com> wrote:

> नमस्ते,
>
> On 4 August 2018 at 13:03, rajudev <rajudev at disroot.org> wrote:

> Pune is definitely a good strategic city.
> Close to Asia's 1 of the busiest airport i.e. Mumbai & accessible from
> Bangalore,Hyderabad,Cochin & other metro cities by several mode of
> transportations.

Yes, definetely Pune is a good strategic city for various reasons we
discussed.

> I have a wild guess that University of Pune aka Savitribai Phule
> university can help to host DebConf.

Another host which I can think of is IISER Pune which has the really good
infrastructure for providing the venue for DebConf. IISER has a really good
campus with excellent auditoriums and Dormitories for stay and a lot of
open space for various DebCOnf activities.  I have some connections with
IISER Pune I can talk to them.

Another venue could be NCRA Pune and IUCAA Pune together as host with
really good on campus stay and auditoriums and space for conference Dinner
and parties. I have a really good connection with them also but in this
case, we have to talk to both institutes.

If we plan in Kerala then NIT Calicut can also be considred as a good
option or CSE Trivandrum.

I have attended Cent OS DOJO event in University Of Pune's campus few

Akshat Singh
[PG-8 IIITM-Kerala]
Pune

Mob.: +91-8806963718