[PLUG] Debconf 20/21 in India

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 16:46:19 IST 2018

at bottom :-

On 06/08/2018, akshat <akshat-pg8 at iiitmk.ac.in> wrote:
> Thank you, Raju, for the wonderful presentation. It was a quite a nice
> experience in attending DebConf18 and meeting the Debian community. All I
> have seen that most of the people are inclined towards making happen a
> DebConf20 at India which initially we were not thinking about. They have
> forced us to bid this time and we have already accepted the challenge :)
> Let's do the hard work and win the bid.

<snipped>

> --
> Akshat Singh
> [PG-8 IIITM-Kerala]
> Pune
>
> Mob.: +91-8806963718
> Webpage: akshat.info <http://akshat.info>

While Pune could be a good bid, although AFAIK only 2-3 international
flights originate from Pune. Most people would probably need to have
Mumbai as the entry point.

One another place I would like to just throw in the ring is SECMOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonam_Wangchuk_(engineer)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Students%27_Educational_and_Cultural_Movement_of_Ladakh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIfnw_PxweA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH1HCYy1NTc

Many people mistakenly think of him as the thought or representation
of Phunsukh Wangdu in 3 Idiots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejhSFlV-6Gc

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1187043/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3685624/ (the American not so great version)

It would be a great place to have a minidebconf  at the very least.

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com