[PLUG] Apache issue in Debian 8.10

Amey Abhyankar sco1984 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 14:17:47 IST 2018

On 3 July 2018 at 11:35, Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 3:13 AM Amey Abhyankar <sco1984 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am facing issue of URL redirection after adding additional conf files.
>>
>> I am currently directing Jenkin request from http to https
>> i.e. when somebody hits http://jenkins.mydomain.com it goes to https://jenkins
>> But since I added new conf file in apache, jenkins redirection is not happening.
>>

> Without sharing the conf files, it's difficult to help.

Here is the conf file [from /etc/apache2/sites-available] which is not
redirecting my jenkins URL from http to https =

<VirtualHost *:80>
 ServerAdmin admin at mydomain.com
 ServerName jenkins.mydomain.com

 RewriteEngine On
 RewriteOptions Inherit

 ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8080/ nocanon retry=0
 ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8080/
 ProxyPreserveHost On
 ProxyRequests     Off
 AllowEncodedSlashes NoDecode

 <Proxy http://127.0.0.1:8080/*>
  Order deny,allow
  Allow from all
 </Proxy>

 ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/jenkins-mydomain-com-error.log
 LogLevel warn
 CustomLog /var/log/apache2/jenkins-mydomain-com-access.log combined
 ServerSignature On

> Suggest diff between the conf files.
>
> Restore conf files to time when http > https rewrites were working.
> (Hopefully you have backed up your conf files).

Unfortunately I don't have backed up config files. :-/

> Then apply your changes incrementally to pinpoint the parameter which
> is messing it up.
>
> Also do you have any .htaccess file(s) rewriting URLs?

No I don't have any.

I compared this conf file with jira conf file in same apache.
Both conf files have same config parameters.