[PLUG] [Workshop] Debian Packaging - 09th and 10th June 2018

Dhanesh Sabane dhanesh95 at disroot.org
Thu Jun 7 18:43:31 IST 2018

[Tl;DR at bottom]

Aloha!

The FOSS world is huge and everyday new ideas are born and new software
is written. But how do these software end up on Debian? How is it made
possible for us to just run `apt-get install foo` to install these software?

Well, the answer to these questions is packaging[1]. This workshop is
aimed at answering questions like these, in depth, and also help
everyone build packages for Debian. To help us all with packaging, we've
invited a distinguished personality from the Debian Project, Pirate
Praveen. Praveen is a Debian Developer and maintains a lot of packages
in the Debian project. You can find out more about Praveen on his Debian
wiki page.[2]

The workshop will be held at Reserved-bit[3]. This workshop is open to
all and there are no registration fees. However, note that we have
limited seating capacity at the venue. Seating arrangement will be on a
first-come-first-serve basis. The workshop will span over two days (09th
June and 10th June 2018), so everyone can be rest assured that all the
points will be covered in depth.

Don't forget to bring your laptops!

TL;DR:
=========

*Event* - Debian Packaging Workshop
*Dates* - 09th and 10th June 2018
*Time*  - 10 AM to 05 PM
*Venue* - Reserved-bit, 337, Amanora Chambers (Above Amanora Mall),
Hadapsar, Pune
*Fees*  - No fees

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Packaging#What_is_a_.22package.22.3F
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/Praveen%20A