[PLUG] CoFSuG and FOSS and PLUG

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 18:30:09 IST 2018

in-line :-

On 31/03/2018, Skool!lookS <look.kool at guruvision.com> wrote:
> On Friday 30 March 2018 05:26 PM, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>> On 30/03/2018, Skool!lookS <look.kool at guruvision.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snipped>
>>

> Please stop spreading false information about PLUG or otherwise.
>
> Most people associated with PLUG know it operates in a slightly
> different way. I am probably associated for longer still I do not know
> many things today.

What I shared is at least 5 years back story, not today and I have not
even shared even half the things.  This was when a friend of mine got
admitted to a western university and I came to know that there are
chairs like these in the European Union (EU) and quite a few students
do get paid to work on foss outside of GSOC like environments. But as
shared nothing ever came out of it in SICSR.  And this was when the
management of SICSR was with us, at least the director who was
thrilled with the prospect.

There was also talk of using MOOCs in a big way and even have most of
the courseware freely available as mit does.  There is not even a
proper FAQ which should be the basic resource but guess nobody thought
of having that till date.

http://hsg.elearning.sicsr.ac.in/login/index.php is there but requires
registration and stuff
while MIT gives even it notes, assignments, course materials all for free.

an e.g. https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-785-number-theory-i-fall-2017/lecture-notes/

would have been nice to see sicsr name here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_open_online_course

Of course one cannot compare as there would be a world of difference
between the budgets of the two institutes.

It is one of the reasons I simply stopped going because nothing
was/has been happening.

Could you for a second 'elaborate' on how plug is 'different'  .
Something concrete rather than something 'vague' just as you shared
above.

Whenever I ask for any explanations how come it is all to be swept
under the carpet and only I should be answering .

People used to come to plug looking for help and guidance.

They had even started a sysadmin thing for couple of weeks which was
soon stopped afterwards, again no explanation ever given why it was
stopped.

Should having an event once a year managed by students learning
hospitality and having once a month meeting be enough to say that plug
has contributed.

> You have been associated with PLUG since before year 2002 (Shall I say
> 2001 now?)
>
> You had been visiting people associated with PLUG in a (may I say in the
> disguise of) way for collecting CDs etc. when needed (so to say).
>
> On one such occasion in Aug-Sept 2002 you also happened to have visited
> my place.

I think you are mistaking me for another Shirish.

I joined plug in/around 2005ish. So it couldn't possibly be me.

I was told that there was another shirish when I had joined but if my
memory is right, he had a different surname or am I have supposed to
change my religion, my surname just so I could fabricate 17 years of
identity so that it could be all unraveled by you in a second.

I am glad though you bought this point up as well.

Could you or anybody share why the public archives are from 2005 only.

If plug has been active since 2001 then why aren't the public archives
till then and only 2005.

Using a bit of debian history here. Some of the most political mailing
lists on debian are

https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/

Just read one of the first posts -

https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/1999/10/msg00002.html which
talks about 'cabal' and over the years (from around 2006/7 onwards) I
have been a lurker there and seen many wild discussions and debates.

and

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/

and both have all the archives from day 1.

I do know that the other shirish was 'banned' . If I am purported to
be the same 'shirish' then  how come I was allowed to come again ?

I do know there were lot of acrimony back then, although am unaware of
the details.  I was told that plug had literally divided into two
camps or something.

> I do not know what was your purpose then for that visit, it was CD that
> was easily available with anybody else and still you needed it from me.

are you sure it was me and not the other shirish.

Because the time-frame you share I had subscriptions of both PC Quest
and Digit and I was in my early 20's then while the other gentleman
was supposed to be in 30's then.

> Because you made that visit as a plug member I tried to help you the
> best I can.

I just have no idea.

> Post that visit of yours, I met with almost a fatal accident (something
> like ZOYD met with few years later).

Are you trying to tell me that because of my 'alleged' visit I somehow
made you have an almost fatal accident.

This I do know because I had met zoyd just a few days before he died
but this was circa 2005/6  if memory serves me right and not 2001
i.e. when zoyd died.

> Just trying to keep you updated that you also are monitored for your
> intentions/activities. They may appear correct in presentations but
> because of the others facing problems post your visit, people have been
> building data over the years, like I just did and presented.

Dear skool,

I don't think I need to be worried on that front. When the govt. of
the day is doing surveillance on such a massive scale that if it wants
it could monitor my every second movement with mobile and everything
then I don't think I need to be worried about you.

What is interesting that you need to mask your name rather than
sharing your info. with us.

If anybody needs to get details about me they just have to enter my
mail id on any search-engine and they will get all the good and bad
details they ever want about me.

> So the clock is really ticking, enjoy your stocks..!

Same to you buddy.