[PLUG] Ubuntu 16.04 fails to update DNS IP from DHCP server

Amey Abhyankar sco1984 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 12:40:03 IST 2018

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 at 11:36, Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 9:10 PM Amey Abhyankar <sco1984 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Recently I observed, couple of Ubuntu 16.04 workstations are getting
> > valid IP address from DHCP server but fails to update DNS IP.
> > I checked /var/log/kern.log but that isn't showing any interesting
> > error regarding networking part.
> >

> What is the content of /etc/resolv.conf (soft link file) after boot?

Will give a check shortly.
In my Ubuntu 16.04 workstation [with no DNS issue], /etc/resolv.conf output =

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 8.8.8.8

The other Ubuntu 16.04 workstations with DNS problem has = nameserver
127.0.1.1 value in /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf