[PLUG] The current and future state of PLUG

Tejas Sanap sanap.tejas at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 14:15:19 IST 2019

Hey, folks!

The following email may turn out to be a bit controversial. The current
state of PLUG is not very bright. That is a fact. However, numerous members
are taking efforts to revive PLUG from it's deep slumber, and are trying to
bring it back to the center stage of the FOSS community in Pune.

Plans must be made and adhered to. There must be a slightly strategic
approach to how we conduct events. Talks must be planned such that not only
do they benefit the FOSS community but which also, highlight PLUG and its
activities.

I believe, that it is important to know and understand the different
opinions that people (within PLUG) have about our current and future state,
as we plan on how and when PLUG will conduct meetups/events, next year.
While it is not necessary that we all share the same sense of purpose, but
being aware of motivations and expectations others have is always
beneficial.

Thus, I have prepared a questionnaire.

## The questionnaire

1. What do you think about the open source movement?
2. What do you think about the free software movement?
3. What do you think are the core principles of PLUG?
4. What do you think is the difference between the open source software
movement and the free software movement?
5. What role does PLUG play in the context of the questions 1 - 4?
6. What role should PLUG play in the context of questions 1 - 4?
7. How do you think we can contribute *improvements* to the community? By
*improvements* I mean, documentation, blogs, commenting on issues and code.

--
Tejas Sanap.
(whereistejas on Freenode)