[PLUG] What topics are allowed ?

Sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 21:37:01 IST 2019

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 3:51 PM Mayuresh <mayuresh at acm.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 02:22:58PM +0530, G Karunakar wrote:
> > Trouble being mailer keeps re-appearing with a different mail id.
> > Unless new membership itself is moderated, though cant guarantee
> > person taking a different cloak to get in.
>
> It need not be fool proof. But even if we manage to reduce nuisance to a
> good extent that is quite an achievement.
>
> I wish, we re-enable moderation with some tool assistance so that every
> email doesn't have to be watched.
>
> I miss good old days when experienced members would inculcate in new users
> practices like not using top post, trimming of contents etc.

We stopped moderation completely after there was some huge discussion and
concerns raised about it. As Karunakar mentioned, there is no way to stop
people from registering with various ids. Moreover, there is no method to
know when any person will start posting absurd things.

So, just chill and use dev/null effectively !! And once in a while enjoy
the absurd, completely out of context postings !! :-)

Regards
-Sudhanwa

> Mayuresh

web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.