[PLUG] Post-Meetup Introspection on 25th July, 8 PM IST at #pluggies

Dhanesh B. Sabane dhanesh95 at disroot.org
Sat Jul 27 23:41:51 IST 2019

Hello pluggies!

On 25/07/19 9:11 AM, Tejas Sanap wrote:
> The discussion is supposed to happen on #pluggies IRC channel
> on *Saturday, 27nd July at 8 PM IST*.

We had limited participation in the channel today and we thought it
won't be a good idea to go ahead with the discussion.

As there's no solid indication that we'll have better participation at a
later time, we decided to do this over the mailing list as people will
then be able to respond in their own time.

Following was the agenda for the meeting:

1. What went as planned?
2. What didn't go as planned?
3. What could we have done better?
4. General feedback

I request everyone to give their feedback on the same.

Let me start off with my thoughts:

## What went as planned?

I think the events leading up to the meetup went as planned. This
includes creating a poster, printing stickers and ordering a cake. Also,
the talk by Tejas was very on point.

## What didn't go as planned?

I was supposed to give a talk on customising the shell but that didn't
happen. My apologies for running away before that could happen. I had an
emergency to attend to.

## What could we have done better?

1. Most important is being on time. None of us organisers were on time
at the venue. We should have been there atleast 15 mins before the event
start time.

2. While planning the meetup, we didn't follow a certain protocol which
I now understand is a very important factor. I won't dwell on the
details but I'm sure the organisers of the recent meetup know what I'm
talking about.

3. While planning the meetup, we didn't factor in the requirements from
the venue. The CTF activity clearly needed an internet connection and we
should definitely have factored that in. I'm pretty sure an arrangement
would have been made possible so that attendees could easily connect to
the interwebz.

4. Finally, I think we can do a better job at following timelines in
general.

## General feedback

I think I've covered everything I had to say in the previous sections.

Cheers!

--
Dhanesh B. Sabane
https://dhanesh95.gitlab.io