[PLUG] Editable PDFs - Does the world need them?

Tejas Sanap sanap.tejas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 13:50:07 IST 2019

Hey, folks!
The PDF file format is ubiquitous nowadays and there are very good reasons
behind it. It fits in every format of information, it's space-efficient and
with item, the surrounding ecosystem has adapted to it very well. Except,
one tiny issue, editing PDFs. If one were to make PDFs freely editable[1],
what would they gain? What are I thoughts on this matter?

I, personally, believe that having an universal, freely-editable file
format based on an open standard, is an essential part of our software
freedom.

[1]: https://editablepdf.org/
--
Tejas Sanap.