[PLUG] I wish, I knew this when I started with Vim

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Mon Nov 25 10:37:22 IST 2019

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 09:00:49AM +0530, Tejas Sanap wrote:
>    it presents a considerable learning curve, especially, to the novice

Yes, learning curve is the right word, but often people mistake it for
`usability'. Usability is to be measured after crossing the learning
curve. Those who even half master vim would know it's highly usable and
much faster than many IDEs for many scenarios.

With due respect for benefits of IDEs, they also make programmers blind to
the underlying system. They just don't want to leave the cosy comfort of
their IDE once they get used to it and never get a chance to learn and
master the underlying environment.

Anyway, it's about one's choice and priority.

Mayuresh