[PLUG] I wish, I knew this when I started with Vim

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Wed Nov 27 08:12:34 IST 2019

On २६/११/१९ ९:२१ म.पू., Tejas Sanap wrote:
> On Mon 25 Nov, 2019, 10:37 PM Shridhar Daithankar, <
> ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> wrote:
>
>> IME the situation is not that rosy. People cannot read/write a single
>> line of code, if they don't have an IDE. They don't understand the
>> working of IDE  or the tools offered by it either.
>>
> The question most people ask is if it is worth the time and efforts it
> takes to set up everything on their own. They see no value in knowing how
> the gears and springs in their watches work, as long as it's hands are
> ticking.

If that is an informed opinion, then it is ok. But most of the time it's
not.  Even if it is pointed that they need to understand how it works,
they will be hesitant/reluctant to know it.

Some do learn, if nudged. Most remain on the fence of
know-bare-minimum-and-get-it-done.

> It is on par with a superstition now.

Almost wrote that in my last mail :P
--