[PLUG] Problem with Plug.

Sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 20:18:35 IST 2020

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 5:59 PM Inkar Nation <look.kool at guruvision.com> wrote:

> One long standing problem with open source and free software advocates @
> PLUG.
>
> They never openly acknowledged original idea of Tux with Puneri Pagadi
> from Shri. Somesh Bartakke...

Whenever possible, required we always give due credit to Somesh Bartakke
for his work. The current image was modified by Zoyd from Somesh's work.
There is some mistake in the current one but that hardly matters now.

And as a policy, (not a written hard and fast policy as such) there are
hardly any names of people mentioned anywhere on plug website or any of the
associated events. Probably, in the social media exposure/explosion
scenario that is completely wrong.

Actually, be cause of this, many times it becomes difficult for the old
timers to even use PLUG as reference as there is no mention of anyone.

--sudhanwa