[PLUG] How to provision aws AMI using combination of Ansible & boto on Debian 9.x?

Amey Abhyankar sco1984 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:58:52 IST 2018

Hello,

Good morning.

Anybody is provisioning aws AMI's using combination of Ansible & boto?
For now I am using Ansible to add users. [Debian 8.x in cloud]

I want to use Debian 9.x for AMI provisioning job.

Few quick queries regarding this as follows =

i) Anybody *has* used Debian 9.x for this setup?
ii) Any feedback how it goes with boto libraries?
iii) Respective Debian 9.x OS with Ansible remains in AWS.

Why boto = to keep credentials,pub/private keys separate from
playbooks :-) http://boto.cloudhackers.com/en/latest/getting_started.html
I want to avoid using aws cli.

I guess engineering students from our group must have done this. :-)
I tried to search for blogs but unable to get exact pointers except
Ansible documentation which is BIG & generic. :-/

Thanks.

Regards,
Amey.