[PLUG] Joining IRC channels using Riot/Matrix (and some IRC tips)

Amey Abhyankar sco1984 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 09:30:32 IST 2019

Hello,

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 15:28, Tejas Sanap <sanap.tejas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, folks!
>
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 11:18:28AM +0530, Amey Abhyankar wrote:
> > If I hit 'LOG IN' button it keeps trying to login but nothing happens.
> > I was able to sign in before using 'custom server options'.
> > Anybody facing same problem today?
> >
> > I tried to login using other combinations i.e. I keep identity server
> > same is custom server but same issue.
> > Tried to put my registered e-mail address at matrix as well.
>
> Seeing how users are running into some sort of trouble, every now and
> then, with Matrix, some of us on #pluggies are thinking of setting up
> a public ZNC instance. Obviously, the costs will be split even amongst

We need to find a solution which is user friendly
&
which will not use too much resources on mobile
phone/laptop/desktop/IoT devices etc.

Many organisations,banks,payment companies use whatsapp/wechat/telegram.
Is there any reason why we don't want to opt for these services?
Keeping in mind that we are not going to discuss anything very
confidential, above options may serve the purpose.

There will be decline in adopting odd solutions like Riot/ZNC until
they are fully mature enough.
We wont be seeing any new users at Riot/ZNC sadly.
Again, these are my thoughts.
More Pluggies are encouraged to comment/participate in the discussion.

I did a quick survey recently and figured out 99% IT newbies are not
aware about IRC nor they use it :-)
Same for IT techies working at fancy MNC's at Hinjewadi/EON IT Park.
They use meetup.com aggressively.

Regards,
Amey.