[PLUG] The current and future state of PLUG

Amey Abhyankar sco1984 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 10:36:45 IST 2019

Hello,

On Sun, 15 Dec 2019 at 14:16, Tejas Sanap <sanap.tejas at gmail.com> wrote:

> ## The questionnaire
>
> 1. What do you think about the open source movement?
Answer:  1) As a end user, it is phenomenal.I am a user of open source
OS's since 1 decade plus. 2) As a enterprise/corporate user, I think
things are getting complicated with newer technologies & it's going
crazy.

> 2. What do you think about the free software movement?
Answer: Some open enthusiast takes this movement as a revolution which
is very wrong. My observation over the decade says, many times Open
source developers are arrogant. They do not reply to queries politely.
They do not talk in proper peaceful way. They do not understand the
issue patiently.

> 3. What do you think are the core principles of PLUG?
Answer: Promotion & awareness of open source software's/technology's
to IT students & to new computer users.

> 4. What do you think is the difference between the open source software movement and the free software movement?
Answer: GNU,FOSS,Creative commas license,FSF India,FSFE .....too
complicated buzz words. In general terms I think free software is
always open source.

> 5. What role does PLUG play in the context of the questions 1 - 4?
Answer: Same as answer to question 3.

> 6. What role should PLUG play in the context of questions 1 - 4?
Answers: Ongoing role is good.

> 7. How do you think we can contribute *improvements* to the community? By *improvements* I mean, documentation, blogs, commenting on issues and code.
Answer: Any method is fine no issues.

Regards,
Amey.